THE SNIPER BY LIAM O'FLAHERTY SHORT STORY PRESENTATION & ACTIVITIES
Introduce students to The Sniper by Liam O’Flaherty with these ready-to-use short story resources.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
- A 27 slide PowerPoint presentation that comes complete with slides on the author’s biography, pre-reading and post-reading discussion questions, analysis questions and answers, class activities, and much more.
- A nonfiction article that gives historical context for the story along with a corresponding comprehension assignment (answer key included).
- A vocabulary matching game where students reveal secret mystery words with included answer key.
- Engaging analysis questions with an included answer key.
- An army report project that gets students to reflect and write on the events of the story.
- A prequel writing assignment where students write creatively about the events leading up to those in the story.
- A letter-writing project that gets students thinking and writing through the lens of the story’s protagonist.
- A figurative language activity where students identify literary devices from a series of quotes from the story with an included answer key.
- A plot diagram game that challenges the students to map out The Sniper’s plot structure to reveal a secret numerical code.
© Presto Plans