THE LOTTERY BY SHIRLEY JACKSON
Explore the role that traditions play in our lives with Shirley Jackson's short story, The Lottery. This story is always a hit with my students! This lesson includes a 45 slide presentation that guides you through the entire lesson, analysis questions, an answer key, a final project with templates, and a rubric!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• A 24 slide PowerPoint presentation that includes the following:
→ An overview of North American traditions that are blindly followed
→ Discussion Questions for pre-reading
→ Biographical information about Shirley Jackson
→ Post reading discussion points
→ 5 Questions for students to answer (question sheet and answers provided)
→ Notes on themes and symbolism in the short story
→ A 20 minute video of The Lottery (link provided)
• Analysis questions assignment with detailed answer key
• A creative project with handouts and graphic organizers for students to complete (creating a newspaper)
• Templates students can use to complete the assignment
• A rubric for marking the project.
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE:
♥ I never taught this before, but I love your lessons. It was a hit with the kids!
♥ Great. Love lessons from Presto Plans.
♥ I am always impressed with the quality of your products. They are engaging and both teacher and student friendly. Thank you for continuing to provide resources that are exceptional.
© Presto Plans