THE GIFT OF THE MAGI BY O. HENRY SHORT STORY PRESENTATION & ACTIVITIES
Introduce students to The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry with these ready-to-use short story resources. These resources work well around the Christmas holiday, but they can be used at any point during the year.
INCLUDED IN YOUR DOWNLOAD:
- A 48 slide PowerPoint presentation that walks you through the lesson (author biography, discussion, analysis notes, and much more).
- Analysis reading questions with teacher answer key
- A pre-reading vocabulary game
- Budgeting interview assignment (to examine how the dollar has changed)
- 2 Creative writing assignments where students can choose to rewrite the story from Jim’s perspective or rewrite the story in a modern setting.
- Guided analysis assignment where students examine different literary elements from the text (answer key in presentation)
- Finding Evidence assignment where students search for text evidence to support two claims and write a paragraph using the evidence as support.
- Text evidence paragraph writing sheet and handout on how to write a strong paragraph.
© Presto Plans