THE GIFT OF THE MAGI BY O. HENRY DIGITAL SHORT STORY RESOURCES
Introduce students to The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry with these ready-to-use digital short story resources. These resources work well for a Christmas short story analysis, but they can be used at any point during the year.
This is a digital resource and students complete all the work on the computer. This works well with distance learning, 1:1 classrooms, remote teaching, Google Classroom, or online education.
Included in your download:
- A 48 slide Google Slides presentation that walks you through the lesson (author biography, discussion, analysis notes, and much more).
- Digital analysis reading questions with teacher answer key
- A pre-reading vocabulary digital game where students drag movable pieces to connect definitions to vocabulary words to reveal a mystery word
- Digital Budgeting interview assignment (to examine how the dollar has changed)
- 2 Creative digital writing assignments where students can choose to rewrite the story from Jim’s perspective or rewrite the story in a modern setting.
- Guided analysis assignment where students examine different literary elements from the text (answer key in Google Slides presentation).
- Finding evidence digital assignment where students search for text evidence to support two claims and write a paragraph using the evidence as support.
- Text evidence digital paragraph writing slide and information on how to write a strong paragraph.
© Presto Plans