THE NECKLACE BY GUY DE MAUPASSANT SHORT STORY PRESENTATION & ACTIVITIES
Introduce students to The Necklace by Guy de Maupassant with these ready-to-use short story resources.
Included in your purchase:
- A 34 slide PowerPoint presentation that walks you through the lesson (author biography, discussion, analysis notes, and much more).
- A Pre-reading reflection activity to get the students thinking about some of the themes found in the text.
- A reading comprehension quiz with answer key
- A vocabulary matching game where students work to reveal the secret mystery word.
- Analysis questions with answer key provided.
- A digital collage assignment illustrating students' interpretation of luxury.
- A found poetry assignment where students use the words they highlight from the text to form their own poetic creation.
- A characterization assignment with answer key where students analyze Mathilde’s personal qualities and support the information with text evidence.
- Non-fiction article to inform students of French Class society with a Venn diagram compare and contrast activity.
- Reflective social media discussion questions and and assignment where students create Mathilde's social media posts at different points in the story
- A police report writing activity.
- A creative epilogue writing assignment.