NONFICTION ARTICLE AND ACTIVITIES INFORMATIONAL TEXT: OAK ISLAND MYSTERY
Use this nonfiction article, lesson, and activities bundle to meet your informational text standards. The resource includes everything you need to teach, assess, and practice close and critical nonfiction reading. The article included is about the origin of the mystery of Oak Island.
Please note that this is included in my nonfiction Article of the Week Full-Year Program.
Included in your purchase:
- A teacher slideshow presentation in PowerPoint format that guides you through each element of the lesson. The slides include pre-reading discussion questions, prompts for each of the activities, answer keys for review, and a related video link.
- An original nonfiction article on the topic of the mystery of Oak Island that your students will love.
- A reading response assignment that allows students to dig deeper into the text and meet informational text curriculum standards.
- A detailed teacher answer key for easy marking or class review.
- A link to a related video and a video writing prompt for students to make a text-to-self connection.
- A creative assignment where students must write two pirates’ log entries from the perspective of Captain Kidd on why he buried his treasure at Oak Island.
© Presto Plans