GENRE ACTIVITY INTERACTIVE READING CHALLENGE ESCAPE
This genre activity is a new and fun way to engage and challenge your students to learn about the different types of genres in literature. The resource includes everything you need to teach genre and practice using a fun escape room style challenge.
Included in your purchase:
- A teacher presentation that shares information on the different types of genres with examples.
- An original narrative backstory that puts students within the story and sets up the escape room challenge.
- A presentation to guide the lesson and activity with instructional slides, activity prompts, the narrative story text, the story conclusion slides, and an answer key for easy review.
- An interactive escape-room style challenge where students must use their understanding of genres to complete the challenge.
How it works:
- Start by using the presentation slides to guide you through each element of the lesson and activity. The slides will help you teach the different kinds of genres, introduce the story and challenge, and review the answers.
- Read the narrative story as a class to hook students and introduce the challenge.
- Once you taught the genre skills and read the story, students are ready to try the escape-room style reading challenge!
- When students successfully solve the challenge, you can share the conclusion slides which will wrap up the narrative story.
© Presto Plans © Limitless Lessons