END OF THE YEAR DIGITAL ESCAPE ROOM: CLASSROOM FLOOR IS LAVA
Use this digital escape room team builder to help foster classroom community and improve critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
This is a Google resource and students complete all the work on the computer. This works well with distance learning, 1:1 classrooms, remote teaching, Google Classroom, or online education.
It can be used in English class as it incorporates some ELA skills (spelling, homophones, capitalization), but can also work for any other subject!
The best part is that your purchase comes with a hand-drawn video, created by the talented John Spencer, that introduces the escape room and tells the back story to hook students in. Watch a short preview of the video on this page.
HOW IT WORKS
Students watch a video that introduces the escape room back story. They are at school on the weekend preparing for the upcoming school dance when the floor cracks open and stars spewing lava. Their only chance at escaping is to get the code to the elevator that brings them to the roof, but their teacher has protected the passphrase with digital challenges and paperless puzzles.
Students use response slides to record their answers to the puzzles/riddles and they can check their final passphrase with a password-protected file.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
- Teacher Google slides to share basic instructions to students
- Student instructional poems for each of the six challenges
- All the digital slides students need for each task (spelling search, digital puzzle riddle, homophone reading, pictogram digital cards, letter digital puzzle, etc.)
- Student answer slides where the group can record the words they find to the passphrase
- A password-protected file where students can check their passphrase to see if they successfully escaped
- A teacher answer key you can use to review the challenges with students
The videos and resources in this resource are for single-classroom use and are not to be uploaded to an open website in any format without permission from the creators. Please contact email@example.com if you require more information.