BACK TO SCHOOL ESCAPE ROOM TEAM BUILDER: THE CLASSROOM FLOOR IS LAVA
Use this escape room team builder to help foster classroom community and improve critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
It can be used in English class as it incorporates some ELA skills (spelling, homophones, capitalization), but can also work for any other subject!
The best part is that your purchase comes with a hand-drawn video, created by the talented John Spencer, that introduces the escape room and tells the back story to hook students in.
HOW IT WORKS
Students watch a video that introduces the escape room back story. They are at school on the weekend preparing for the upcoming school dance when the floor cracks open and stars spewing lava. Their only chance at escaping is to get the code to the elevator that brings them to the roof, but their teacher has protected the passphrase with challenges and puzzles.
Students use response sheets to record their answers to the puzzles/riddles as they circulate the room to different stations. If it works for your particular students, you can have them not touch the floor between the stations and use the included signs to indicate safe “lava free” spots where they can step.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
- Detailed teacher instructions for setting up the room and facilitating the escape room
- Teacher slides to share basic instructions to students
- Signs for each of the six stations
- Student instructional poems for each of the six stations
- All the materials students need for each station (spelling search, puzzle riddle, homophone reading, pictogram cards, letter puzzle, student instructional poem cards, envelopes, station markers and much more!)
- Student answer sheets where the group can record the words they find to the passphrase.
- A teacher answer key you can use to check the work to determine the winner.
The videos and resources in this resource are for single-classroom use and are not to be uploaded to an open website in any format without permission from the creators. Please contact email@example.com if you require more information.