ARGUMENT WRITING DIGITAL ACTIVITY READING ESCAPE CHALLENGE
This digital evaluating an argument activity is a new and fun way to engage and challenge your students to improve their understanding of argumentative texts. The resource includes everything you need to teach evaluating an argument and practice using a fun escape room style challenge.
This is a digital resource and students complete all the work on the computer. This works well with distance learning, 1:1 classrooms, remote teaching, Google Classroom, or online education.
Included in your purchase:
- A Google Slides presentation that shares information on what an argumentative text is, how it is distinct from a persuasive text, and the main parts of an argument (claims, reasons, evidence, counterclaims, rebuttals) with examples of each one.
- An original narrative backstory that puts students within the story and sets up the digital escape room challenge.
- Google Slides to guide the lesson and activity with instructional slides, activity prompts, the narrative story text, the story conclusion slides, and an answer key for easy review.
- An interactive, paperless escape-room style challenge where students must use their evaluating an argument skills to complete the challenge.
- A password-protected PDF file where students can check their work. If they are correct, the conclusion slides will appear!
How it works:
- Start by using the Google Slides to guide you through each element of the lesson and activity. The slides will help you teach evaluating an argument, introduce the story and challenge, and review the answers.
- Read the narrative story to hook students and introduce the challenge.
- Once you taught the evaluating an argument skills and read the story, students are ready to try the digital escape-room style reading challenge!
- When students successfully solve the challenge, they can check their work with the included password-protected PDF file which will reveal the conclusion to the story if they are correct.
© Presto Plans © Limitless Lessons