DIGITAL READING ESCAPE CHALLENGE FULL YEAR PROGRAM
This full-year digital reading program will bring your reading instruction to life with 40 weeks of creative stories, instructional slides, and digital escape-room style challenges.
This is a Google-compatible program and students complete all the work on the computer. This works well with distance learning, 1:1 classrooms, remote teaching, Google Classroom, Google Drive or for online education.
Raise your hand if you are tired of…
- Trying to find ways to improve students' reading and ELA skills in a way that engages all readers.
- Not having the time to meet all of your ELA reading standards throughout the school year.
- Hearing groans and grumbles from lack of student engagement in reading.
Teaching reading does not have to be this way!
Introducing The Reading Challenge Program
The Reading Challenge is a full-year, 40-week grammar program for middle and high school English language arts teachers that includes instruction, narrative stories, and weekly escape-style challenges to improve student comprehension and analysis.
What reading topics does it cover?
- Comprehension strategies
- Vocabulary in context
- Citing Text Evidence
- Fact vs. opinion
- Plot Structure
- Point of view
- Story elements
- Figurative language
- Flashback and flashforward
- Compare & contrast
- Cause & effect
- Problem & solution
- Descriptive text structure
- Nonfiction text structures
- Author's purpose
- Main idea
- Nonfiction text features
- Evaluating an argument
- Ethos, pathos, & logos
- Poetry comprehension
- Poetry Meter
- Poetry form & devices
How do each of the challenges work?
- Start by using the Google Slides to guide you through each element of the lesson and activity. The slides will help you teach the reading-related concept, introduce the story and challenge, and review the answers.
- Read the digital narrative story as a class to hook students and introduce the challenge.
- Once you have taught the grammar concept, and read the story, students are ready to try the digital reading challenge!
- When students find the answer, they can check their work with the included password-protected PDF file!
What is included in each of the 40 challenges?
- An original narrative backstory that puts students within the story and sets up the challenge
- A Google Slides presentation to guide the lesson and activity with instructional slides, activity prompts, the narrative story text, story conclusion slides, and an answer keys for review
- An interactive digital escape-room style challenge where students must use their knowledge of the reading topic to complete the challenge.
- A password-protected PDF to check their answer.
© Presto Plans © Limitless Lessons