VOCABULARY PRACTICE (TEST PREP): BELL RINGERS & TASK CARDS
Engage your students as soon as they walk in the room with these vocabulary in context weekly bell ringers that will last you the entire school year! The bell-ringers allow students to guess the meaning of two new vocabulary words in context, then look up the words to see if they were correct! The resource also includes task-card format, so they can easily be used in a reading or writing station.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• A 40 slide Powerpoint presentation. Each slide has two sentences using a new vocabulary word. Students guess the meaning of the word based on how it is used in context, then look up the word to see if they are correct!
• Each of the 40 slides are also in task card format for easy use in a center in your classroom.
• A ready-to-print booklet (organized by week) so students can keep it in their binder to complete them as bell-ringers.
EXAMPLES OF SOME OF THE WORDS INCLUDED
HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE:
1. Tuesday Terms: Pass out the bell-ringer booklet version to your students at the start of the year. Introduce one of the slides to your class per week for 40 weeks as bell-ringers. Everyone guesses the meaning of the word, then looks up the definition (also included on the slide when you click next).
2. Writing/Reading Centers: Include a packet of the task cards at a center where students can choose which ones to work on. The work can be done on the task card or using the work booklet. Print out 6 slides per page on Powerpoint (option provided when you print) and keep a definition booklet for students to check.
3. Pair Work: Give each pair of students a task card and have them complete it together. Then, each pair can present the words to the class.
© Presto Plans