VALENTINE'S DAY WRITING ACTIVITY: CRUMPLED HEARTS
This fun collaborate Valentine's Day writing activity is sure to get even your most reluctant writers putting pencil to paper. After the activity, students will have an original Valentine's Day inspired narrative!
The crumpled hearts writing method is a fun and interactive way to teach your students how to write collaboratively. I can guarantee this will be a lesson your students will not forget!
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Each student gets one of the 30 pre-made worksheets with a different Valentine's Day-inspired visual story starter. They begin writing the story.
2. After an allotted amount of time, writer one crumples their story up into a "heart" and throws it to the front of the room.
3. Everyone goes to the front to grab a heart and they continue to story!
This is done one more time, then it is returned to the original writer for editing, revision, and a final copy on looseleaf/typed! Students always have SO much fun doing this, and they usually can't believe you are letting them crumple up their stories.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• Detailed teacher instructions for how to facilitate the activity.
• 36 Different 2-page worksheets (double-sided printing) with Halloween visual story-starters (all stories will be different).
© Presto Plans