VALENTINE'S DAY PARTS OF SPEECH TASK CARDS ACTIVITY
Bring Valentine's Day into your classroom with this fun parts of speech activity. Included are 15 task cards and presentation slides that allow students to label examples of noun, pronoun, adjective, verb, adverb, conjunction, preposition, and interjection in Valentine's Day-inspired examples.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• 15 Valentine's Day-inspired parts of speech task cards that cover a variety of topics. Each task card focusses on three parts of speech.
• A 15 slide animated Powerpoint presentation that includes the original task card and the labelled parts of speech
• A teacher answer key to use as a reference.
PARTS OF SPEECH COVERED
HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE:
1. BELL-RINGER: Pass out one task card a day for the 15 days leading up to Valentine's Day. Students can work with a partner to label the parts of speech used in the task card, and you can use the presentation to review the answers.
2. PARTS OF SPEECH STATION: Include a packet of the task cards at a center where students can choose which ones to work on. The work can be done on the task card or in their notebook. Print out 4 slides per page on Powerpoint (option provided when you print) and keep an answer key booklet for students to check their work when they are done.
3. PAIR WORK: Give each pair of students a task card and have them complete it together. Then, each pair can present the example to the class and share and explain the parts of speech.
4. GROUP WORK: Give a group of three or four students one of the task cards and have them come to an agreement about the underlined parts of speech. The group can present the example to the class when they are finished and explain.
© Presto Plans