THE CHASER BY JOHN COLLIER
The short story The Chaser by John Collier is always a hit with my middle/high school students. It is an excellent story to teach predictions and inferential thinking, as the reader has to make inferences to understand the plot.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• A detailed lesson plan explaining lesson procedure
• Prediction cards (students predict the plot based on the title)
• A PowerPoint presentation that guides the lesson with discussion points and question/assignment prompts
• Show What You Know assignment that includes 4 post reading questions (answers are provided in the presentation to go over with students)
• Abby and Andrew's Advice Column Assignment which allows the student to give advice to the main character from a male and female perspective
***Please note that the full text of the short story is not included for copyright reasons, but can easily be found by searching the title and author in an internet search engine***
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE:
♥ Love this product. My students really enjoyed discussing this story and sharing their thoughts. Thank you for creating a product that caused my students to have a high quality academic conversations! :)
♥ This is so clear. I think I will have my upcoming sub use this activity. Thank you.
♥ I'm excited to use this with my high school students
© Presto Plans