THANKSGIVING NOVEL SHORT STORY ASSIGNMENT FOR ANY READING
Use this fun Thanksgiving menu assignment as a post-reading assessment for any short story or novel you read in class. This resource is an excellent tool for differentiation as it provides students with choice!
• Students get the "Thanksgiving Menu" and must choose one assignment/prompt to complete from the side dish, main course, and dessert categories.
• The side dish category provides a choice of looking at vocabulary, setting, or quote analysis.
• The main dish category has students dig a little deeper into the text by analyzing theme, characterization, or conflict.
• The dessert menu provides some choice for a creative response!
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
• A detailed student handout with the choices from each category
• 2 graphic organizers that students can use if they choose particular assignments (venn diagram, and comic strip)
© Presto Plans