DIGITAL BOOK TALKS INDEPENDENT NOVEL ASSIGNMENT
Bring book talks into your classroom with this ready-to-use digital resource. This is a Google resource and students complete all the work on the computer. This works well with distance learning, 1:1 classrooms, remote teaching, Google Classroom, or online education.
Book talks are an excellent way to assess your students’ independent reading, while also bringing in new novel recommendations for other students in the class.
Rather than a novel analysis or review, book talks are short speeches that are given with the intent to convince someone to read a novel. This resource includes absolutely everything you need to implement this assignment digitally in your class.
INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE:
• A Google Slide presentation that discusses the following: What is a book talk? What is the purpose of a book talk? How to write a book talk. How to deliver a book talk.
• A time-lapse video of a student creating a digital one-pager.
• A student slide with all of the important information they will need to write their book talk.
• A graphic organizer slide for students to do pre-writing.
• A student checklist slide that they can use to make sure they have included all the important components of a book talk.
• An easy-to-use teacher rubric slide that makes marking a breeze!
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE
♥ I love all of your materials! Everything is so organized and easy to understand. This will make independent reports a breeze.
♥ Your products make me look GOOOOD in the classroom. Thank you, again, for your hard work and impressive graphics.
♥ Awesome product! The handout for students is well organized into manageable sections for student preparation. Thank you!
♥ I used this with my 7th and 8th graders. PERFECT! I loved this product and project, and my students did too! Will definitely use this for years to come.
© Presto Plans