BOOK TALKS: INDEPENDENT READING ASSIGNMENT
Bring book talks into your classroom with this ready-to-use resource! Book talks are an excellent way to assess your students' independent reading, while also bringing in new novel recommendations for other students in the class.
Rather than a novel analysis or review, book talks are short speeches that are given with the intent to convince someone to read a novel. This resource includes absolutely everything you need to implement this assignment in your class.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• A 14 slide Powerpoint presentation that discusses the following: What is a book talk? What is the purpose of a book talk? How to write a book talk. How to deliver a book talk.
• A student handout with all of the important information they will need to write their book talk
• A graphic organizer for students to do pre-writing
• A student checklist that they can use to make sure they have included all the important components of a book talk.
• An easy-to-use teacher rubric that makes marking a breeze!
All handouts are both in color and black and white for easy printing.
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE
♥ I love all of your materials! Everything is so organized and easy to understand. This will make independent reports a breeze.
♥ Your products make me look GOOOOD in the classroom. Thank you, again, for your hard work and impressive graphics.
♥ Awesome product! The handout for students is well organized into manageable sections for student preparation. Thank you!
♥ I used this with my 7th and 8th graders. PERFECT! I loved this product and project, and my students did too! Will definitely use this for years to come.
© Presto Plans