COMPOUND-COMPLEX SENTENCES GRAMMAR ACTIVITY DIGITAL GOOGLE ESCAPE CHALLENGE
This compound-complex sentences grammar challenge is a new and fun way to engage your students and improve their understanding of compound-complex sentences using an escape room style challenge. The resource includes everything you need to teach, assess, and practice compound-complex sentences with your students.
This is a Google-compatible resource and students complete all the work on the computer. This works well with distance learning, 1:1 classrooms, remote teaching, Google Classroom, Google Drive or for online education.
Included in your purchase:
- A pre-assessment quiz in Google Forms (self-grading)
- An original narrative backstory that puts students within the story and sets up the challenge
- A Google Slides presentation to guide the lesson and activity with instructional slides, activity prompts, the narrative story text, story conclusion slides, and an answer keys for review
- An interactive, digital, paperless challenge in Google Slides format
- A link to a password-protected file where students can check their own answer
How it works:
- Start by assigning the self-grading quiz to check your students’ understanding of the topic before you begin.
- Use the Google Slides presentation to guide you through each element of the lesson and activity. The slides will help you teach the grammar concept, introduce the story and challenge, and review the answers.
- Read the narrative story as a class to hook students and introduce the challenge.
- Once you have completed the quiz, taught the grammar concept, and read the story, students are ready to try the digital challenge!
- Within the digital challenge, a link is included to a password-protected answer document where students can check their answer. If they are correct, the conclusion slides will appear to complete the story! These slides are also found in your presentation for you to read as a class when the challenge is over.
- Want to check to see if your students’ understanding of the concept has improved? Assign the pre-assessment quiz again after they have completed the challenge to see if they have improved.
© Presto Plans © Limitless Lessons