ALL SUMMER IN A DAY BY RAY BRADBURY SHORT STORY PRESENTATION & ACTIVITIES
Introduce students to "All Summer in a Day" by Ray Bradbury with these ready-to-use short story resources.
Included in your purchase:
- A 35 slide PowerPoint presentation that walks you through the lesson (author biography, discussion, analysis notes, and much more).
- Basic reading comprehension quiz to check student understanding
- Fun and engaging simile and metaphor sorting game/puzzle with a mystery code word students have to uncover.
- Vocabulary in context practice assignment.
- Poetry writing assignment (antonym diamante and quatrain)
- Margo characterization assignment (requires students to find text evidence and make inferences)
- Setting and mood graphic organizer. Students find examples of descriptions of the setting, illustrate it, and explain how it impacts the mood of the story.
- Post cards from Venus activity where students write two postcards from Margo to her friends back home on Earth.
- Guided analysis activity where students use prompts in the presentation to work together as a group to analyze literary elements.
- Margot’s Medical Evaluation assignment where students read a non-fiction article and consider if Margo is suffering from seasonal affective disorder.
- Final creative project where students create a brochure or information sheet that persuades the people of Earth to move to Venus. Ethos, Pathos, and Logos information sheet is included.
© Presto Plans