PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS THE LIGHTNING THIEF INTRODUCTORY PRESENTATION
Introduce Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan with this ready-to-use introductory presentation that will engage all of your students.
The slideshow will hook students into reading the novel immediately while also sparking discussion and providing students useful information and practical context to prepare them to read.
What's included in the slideshow?
- Group discussion questions to prepare students for some of the themes and topics explored in the novel.
- Short interactive class activity that has stand up if they agree with specific statements related to important topics that will be explored the novel.
- Examining the cover and making predictions activity prompt
- Author information and quick-check quiz on Rick Riordan
- Relevant background information on the novel to provide context
- Information on the novel genre
- introduction to the Greek gods who are referred to within the novel
After using this slideshow to introduce the novel, you can be confident that students have the appropriate amount of context and the background information to start the text successfully.
© Presto Plans