NONFICTION TEXT STRUCTURES ACTIVITY INTERACTIVE READING CHALLENGE ESCAPE
This sequencing/chronological activity is a new and fun way to engage and challenge your students to improve their ability to identify the sequencing/chronological structure in a text. The resource includes everything you need to teach sequencing/chronological and practice using a fun escape room style challenge.
Included in your purchase:
- A teacher presentation that shares information on the sequencing/chronological text structure, where it's most commonly used, and how to identify it with examples.
- An original narrative backstory that puts students within the story and sets up the escape room challenge.
- A presentation to guide the lesson and activity with instructional slides, activity prompts, the narrative story text, the story conclusion slides, and an answer key for easy review.
- An interactive escape-room style challenge where students must use their sequencing/chronological skills to complete the challenge.
How it works:
- Start by using the presentation slides to guide you through each element of the lesson and activity. The slides will help you teach the sequencing/chronological skills, introduce the story and challenge, and review the answers.
- Read the narrative story as a class to hook students and introduce the challenge.
- Once you taught the sequencing/chronological skills and read the story, students are ready to try the escape room-style reading challenge!
- When students successfully solve the challenge, you can share the conclusion slides which will wrap up the narrative story.
© Presto Plans © Limitless Lessons