MY LAST DUCHESS BY ROBERT BROWNING PRESENTATION & ASSIGNMENTS
Use Robert Browning's dramatic monologue "My Last Duchess" to get your high school students excited about reading poetry! The twist at the end of the poem is always a surprise and is a great springboard for discussion and activities!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• A 20 slide Powerpoint Presentation that provides information on the genre of the dramatic monologue, biographical information about Robert Browning, the full text of the poem, analysis questions & answers, as well as prompts for activities.
• Printable comprehension questions that require students to go back to the text for support (answers in presentation for review)
• Poetry Annotation sheet for students to record their thoughts/analysis while reading (answer key included)
• Character Analysis Activity: Students read 4 quotes from the poem and infer character traits about the Duke (answer key included)
• 2 creative assignments to choose from where students assume the persona of one of the characters in the poem.
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE:
♥ Used this in class, just finished it this past week. First time really annotating with this group of students, saw several students go back to their annotations (they were drawn to the layout!) to answer analysis questions. Thanks so much!
♥ I thought I was going to spend a good hour of my morning figuring out what I was going to do on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Then I bought this and I didn't have to. Thanks!
♥ A solid mini-unit - great purchase!
© Presto Plans