I LIKE TO SEE IT LAP THE MILES BY EMILY DICKINSON: POETRY LESSON & ACTIVITIES
Introduce students to one of Emily Dickinson's poems, I Like To See It Lap The Miles. In the poem, Dickinson uses vivid imagery to describe a train passing through the valleys and hills. Use this poem to help your students study descriptive imagery as well as examine figurative language.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• A 13 slide PowerPoint presentation that guides you though all aspects of the lesson.
• Analysis questions assignment with detailed answer key
• A poetry annotation checklist
• A blank template of the poem for students to annotate (using the checklist)
• A detailed annotated teacher copy of the poem to review with your students.
• A creative response activity with graphic organizer where students write their own poem in the style of Dickinson by describing a more modern technology or machine.
© Presto Plans