GRAMMAR BELL RINGERS & TASK CARDS: TEXT MESSAGES
Engage your students as soon as they walk in the room with these high-interest, weekly grammar bell ringers that will last you the entire school year! The bell-ringers allow students to correct grammar errors, spelling mistakes, and punctuation errors in text message conversations!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• An 80 slide Powerpoint presentation with 40 text messages that contain errors. Use one bell-ringer a week to last you the entire year! When you click the slide, each error is revealed and edited (one at a time) with a brief explanation of the error!
• Each of the 40 text message cell phones in task card format for easy use in a center in your classroom.
• A ready-to-print booklet with all text message conversations so students can keep it in their binder to for bell-ringers.
→ Comma usage
→ End punctuation
→ Number rules
→ Subject/verb agreement
→ Proper spelling
→ Comma splice
HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE:
1. Text Fail Tuesday: Pass out the bell-ringer booklet version to your students at the start of the year. Introduce one of the text message conversations to your class per week for 40 weeks as bell-ringers. Everyone finds the errors on their own (or you can do it in groups or pairs). Then, you can use the Powerpoint to go over it together as a class.
2. Writing/Reading Centers: Include a packet of the task cards at a center where students can choose which ones to work on. Print out 4 slides per page on Powerpoint (option provided when you print) and keep an answer key booklet for students to check their work when they are done.
3. Pair Work: Give each pair of students a task card and have them complete it together. Then, each pair can present the text message conversation to the class and share what errors they found.
4. Group Work: Give a group of three or four students one of the task cards and have them come to an agreement about the errors found. The group can present the text message to the class when they are finished and explain each of the errors.
© Presto Plans