ENGLISH BELL RINGERS VOLUME 4
Bell ringers are an excellent way to engage your students as soon as they walk into your classroom. Begin each of your middle or high school English classes with these daily bell-ringer / warm ups routine! This comprehensive FULL YEAR resource includes everything you need to start each class off with an engaging activity! Please Note: The videos in this resource require the use of YouTube.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
WEEKLY POWERPOINT & HANDOUTS
Each of the 40 weeks has a folder that includes a Powerpoint with each of the slides organized by day as well as a weekly student handout. Pass the weekly sheet on Monday, and students use it to complete the bell ringers for that week! You can also print out all of the sheets at once and have students make a bell-ringer binder.
Students use a high-interest picture to inspire writing. They can choose to write a narrative, descriptive, or personal piece based on the prompt.
• A 40 slide Powerpoint presentation with visually-appealing prompts that will inspire writing. Students can use the image to spark a fictional story, as inspiration for a descriptive piece, or as a spark for a personal memory from their past
• A ready-to-print booklet with all images and space for response paragraphs so students can keep it in their binder to use for bell-ringers (if you don't want to follow the Mon - Fri schedule).
TUESDAY: GRAMMAR TEXT FAIL
The bell-ringers allow students to correct grammar errors, spelling mistakes, and punctuation errors in text message conversations!
• An 80 slide Powerpoint presentation with 40 text messages that contain errors. Use one bell-ringer a week to last you the entire year! When you click the slide, each error is revealed and edited (one at a time) with a brief explanation of the error!
• Each of the 40 text message cell phones in task card format for easy use in a center in your classroom.
• A ready-to-print booklet with all text message conversations so students can keep it in their binder to for bell-ringers.
WEDNESDAY: WORD CHOICE
The bell-ringers allow students to improve their use of description (verbs, adverbs, and adjectives) by improving the word choice of given sentences.
• A 40 slide Powerpoint presentation. Each slide has two sentences Students must improve the word choice of the sentences by choosing stronger verbs, adverbs, and adjectives.
• Each of the 40 slides also includes a sample response to use for review
• A ready-to-print booklet (organized by week) so students can keep it in their binder to complete them as bell-ringers.
THURSDAY DEBATES: PERSUASIVE POSITION
Start one day a week getting students to practice persuasive language with these debate bell-ringers or task cards. This resource is sure to get even your most reluctant students speaking as they attempt to convince their partner that their opinion is the correct one. The product includes everything you need to spark up friendly debate and discussion in the classroom.
• A 40 slide presentation with interesting debate topics that teens will love. These can be used once a week as bell-ringer activity or can be used as practice for an upcoming debate unit or persuasive writing unit.
• 40 printable debate prompt cards
FRIDAY FILM CLIP: VIDEO JOURNALS
Get your students' attention with these engaging video writing prompts! Student watch an engaging and relevant clip (less than 5 minutes) and respond to a writing prompt. Youtube is required for the video clips in this presentation. Includes:
• A Powerpoint presentation with a total of 40 video clips and writing prompts. I have one day a week designated for a writing prompt, and these last the whole year by doing it this way!
• A journal response sheet for student use (2 sizes)
• An easy-to-use rubric that makes for quick marking
This is volume 4 of my best-selling bell ringer bundle! Check out the other volumes below:
© Presto Plans