DIGITAL GROWTH MINDSET CHALLENGE ACTIVITIES
Help students develop a growth mindset with this digital growth mindset challenge that includes 20 engaging activities. The activities are meant to encourage resilience, hard-work, dedication, and improvement.
This is a Google resource and students complete all the work on the computer. This works well with distance learning, 1:1 classrooms, remote teaching, Google Classroom, or online education.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Teachers open up the included “Writing Challenge” webpage board that includes 20 hidden activity prompts. The teacher clicks on the appropriate challenge number to reveal the hidden prompt. Then, they share the link for that challenge for students to complete on their device.
The activities typically take 10-15 minutes each, but some could easily be extended.
WHEN DO I USE IT?
These growth mindset challenges can be used daily, weekly, or randomly! Below are a few suggestions for how you could use it in your class:
1. As a daily challenge for 20 days to build growth mindset.
2. As a bell-ringer to hook your students at the start of class or an end of class activity. Consider doing one each Friday for 20 weeks!
3. As an activity to do when class finishes early and you need something to keep students engaged!
WHAT KIND OF PROMPTS ARE INCLUDED?
There are 20 prompts included. Below are a few of the prompts to give you an idea:
• Write a short fictional paragraph about someone facing a challenge who has a fixed mindset. Give the story to a partner to rewrite it to show a growth mindset.
• Imagine you are an advice columnist for a newspaper. Read two letters you receive and offer advice based on the principals of growth mindset (letters included in purchase).
• Some of the most successful and famous people in the world have struggled with hardships. Read about these people and respond to the questions (readings included in purchase).
• Work alone to fold a paper crane. When you are done, discuss with a partner. Was it easy or challenging? How did you react when it was going well? How did you react to challenges? (Instructions included in purchase)
• You will be given a quote that is related to growth mindset. Write a short paragraph about what it means to you (quotes included in purchase).
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY PURCHASE?
• A link to a web-page where you can unveil the hidden challenge
• A printable board incase you want to post it in your classroom instead of using the web version.
• A teacher master list of the growth mindset challenges in order.
• Links to each of the digital / Google activities. Simply share the link with students for them to make a copy in their own drive.
• Student slides with everything they need to complete the activities.
© Presto Plans