DIGITAL CHRISTMAS ESCAPE ROOM WINTER HOLIDAY TEAM BUILDER: ESCAPE THE SNOW GLOBE
Use this digital winter escape room to help foster classroom community and improve team building and problem solving skills. This also works well as a Christmas escape room as it is winter themed, but there are no direct references to Christmas, so it can also be used at any time of the year.
This is a Google-compatible activity, and students complete all the work on the computer. This works well with distance learning, 1:1 classrooms, remote teaching, Google Classroom, or for online education.
HOW IT WORKS
Students read the two-slide back story that introduces the escape room. A group of friends are at a school craft fair when they find a hidden booth selling beautiful snow globes. When the mysterious vendor becomes irritated with them, they find themselves magically trapped inside one of the globes. They must solve puzzles, riddles, and tasks to have a chance to escape.
Students use the included response slides to record their answers to the puzzles/riddles as they complete them. This can be used as a group or an independent activity.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• A two-slide narrative back story to set up the escape room and set the tone
• Slides to introduce each of the six stations with student instructions in the form of a short poem
• All the digital challenges and tasks students need for each station (digital maze, digital pictograph rebus puzzle cards, drag and drop vocabulary digital strips, digital spelling quote cards, digital jigsaw puzzle, encryption)
• Student answer slides where the individual or group can record the codes and keys they find.
• A teacher answer key you can use to check the work to determine the winner