CHRISTMAS READING & WRITING BUNDLE
This bundle contains a wide variety of fun and creative reading and writing activities to hold your students’ interests during the holiday season!
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE
♥ This was the BEST Christmas resource! My students highly enjoyed the ELA holiday lessons. Can't wait to use it again next year!
♥ Wonderful RESOURCES... I can use IMMEDIATELY! And very adaptable to meet the needs of a diverse set of classroom age levels. Awesome! I highly recommend it! :)
♥ A wealth of resources. I will start this unit in the beginning of December. My favorite is the Christmas gift for a character in the story. You can use ANY story. Very versatile.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
EDITING CHRISTMAS SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATES
• Detailed answer key provided with reasoning for all edits
• A powerpoint presentation to go over all of the edits with your students
• A smaller version (cut into strips) for multi-use
CHRISTMAS AROUND THE WORLD
• Includes 4 non-fiction texts (one page each) that introduce students to Christmas traditions, practices, and customs from different countries! The countries covered are China, Colombia, Denmark, and The Congo.
• Each of the texts have a reading response that ask students comprehension questions regarding the piece (4 questions per reading).
• A detailed answer key for each of the assignments.
CHRISTMAS NON FICTION: YES, VIRGINIA, THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS
Use this resource to get your middle and high school students in the holiday spirit. This resource includes a variety of activities to accompany a holiday non-fiction editorial response in a newspaper from the 1800's.
CHRISTMAS STORY-MAKER ACTIVITY
This product is a creative way to get your students to write a Christmas narrative. Students will choose from a variety of character traits, settings, and types of conflict cards to create a unique holiday narrative.
How it works: A student chooses one card from each of the three containers (or plastic baggies) labeled Character Traits, Setting and Conflict. Perhaps they will choose persistent from the character traits, a toy workshop for the setting, and person vs person for conflict. After they choose their cards, they are on their way to writing an interesting and unique narrative.
SNOWBALL COLLABORATIVE WRITING ACTIVITY
The snowball writing method is a fun way to teach your students how to write collaboratively during the holidays.
How It Works:
1. Each student gets one of the 30 pre-made worksheets with a different visual story starter. They begin writing the story.
2. After an allotted amount of time, writer one crumples their story up into a "snow ball" and throws it to the front of the room.
3. Everyone goes to the front to grab a snowball and they continue to story!
SANTA'S SURVIVAL MANUAL
This writing activity has students drafting a survival manual for Santa’s trip around the world. Students will need to assess potential risks and obstacles that Santa may face and provide proper protocol for Santa to follow should he find himself in particular situations.
STOCKING STUFFER CHARACTER ANALYSIS
This activity can be used with ANY reading and is perfect for the holiday season. The assignment has students choose stocking stuffers for a main character from their reading. Students are required to justify their gifts using evidence and direct support from the text.
CHRISTMAS NARRATIVE WRITING RESOURCES
Included in your purchase are the following resources:
• 9 Creative writing task cards that give students unique holiday story starters
• 5 Plot graphic organizers to help your students sequence their narrative plot line
• 3 good copy sheets for display
CHRISTMAS FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE
Your purchase includes a print-ready worksheet with 17 holiday phrases that include an example of either metaphor, simile, personification, alliteration, oxymoron, or onomatopoeia. Also included is a detailed answer key for you to mark or review the answers with your students!
© Presto Plans