APRIL FOOLS' DAY ACTIVITIES NONFICTION READING, STUDENT PRANK, & WRITING
Use this April Fools’ Day prank nonfiction resource to engage your ELA students and incorporate the spirit of the holiday in your classroom. The resource includes a nonfiction reading comprehension text on the history of April Fools Day, a fun fake test student prank, and a creative writing assignment where students design their own April Fools’ Day pranks.
How it works:
After taking a fake April Fools’ Day prank multiple choice ELA test (for which there are no correct answers), students will read a nonfiction article about the history of April Fools’ Day. They will then be tasked with completing comprehension questions to demonstrate their understanding of the text. Adhering to tips for what makes a good prank, students will finally complete a creative writing assignment where they will come up with their own good-natured April Fools’ Day prank list.
Included in your April Fools' Day Activities Resource:
• Detailed teacher instructions
• A prank ELA test (where there are no correct answers!)
• A class poster that says “Happy April Fools’ Day” to be put up after students get through the prank test
• PowerPoint presentation slides to guide you through each step of this April Fools’ Day prank nonfiction resource, including discussion questions and tips for creating good-natured pranks
• A high-interest nonfiction article on the history of April Fools’ Day
• 5 reading comprehension questions for students to demonstrate their understanding of the article
• A detailed answer key (answers are also included in the presentation)
• A creative April Fools’ Day prank list assignment
© Presto Plans