SHOWING VS TELLING WRITING STRATEGY DIGITAL AND PRINT | GOOGLE DISTANCE LEARNING
Help your students understand the difference between showing vs telling in their writing with this ready to use digital and print introduction bundle. This resource includes everything that you need to support students in improving their ability to write descriptively and with purpose.
This resource includes BOTH the printable files as well as the digital files. The digital resources are Google compatible and students can complete all work on the computer. This works well with distance-learning, 1:1 classrooms, remote teaching, Google classroom, or online education. The print resources are in PDF format and are intended to be printed and distributed to students.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE (all files in digital and print format):
- A 42 Google Slides and PowerPoint presentation that reviews the difference between showing and telling in your writing with lots of examples and prompts for students.
- A reference sheet/slide including information from the presentation for students to reference during activities.
- Showing vs telling mystery word activity where students identify the difference between showing vs telling to reveal a mystery word. An answer key is provided.
- 24 Visual student task cards
- A pre-writing graphic organizer where students can brainstorm words related to different senses.
- Sensory sketch activity where students must use the showing strategy to describe one of the visual task cards. Then, a partner must draw the image based on the description alone Included is a prewriting graphic.
- Digital Image Sensory description where students must use the showing strategy to describe one of the visual task cards.
© Presto Plans