GROWTH MINDSET ACTIVITIES & BULLETIN BOARD DISPLAY
Help students develop a growth mindset with this classroom challenge that includes 20 engaging activities. The activities are meant to encourage resilience, hard-work, dedication, and improvement.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Teachers set up the "Growth Mindset Classroom Challenge" bulletin board display that includes 20 hidden activity prompts. Once a challenge is revealed, the teacher finds the corresponding activity in the folder, passes it out to the class, and they are ready to go! The activities typically take 10-15 minutes each, but some could easily be extended.
Worried about printing in color? No problem. Everything included comes with black and white version!
*** Please note that the activities, assignments, labels, and posters in this resource are completely different from those in my Classroom Challenge resource! ***
WHEN DO I USE IT?
These growth mindset challenges can be used daily, weekly, or randomly! Below are a few suggestions for how you could use it in your class:
1. As a daily challenge for 20 days to build growth mindset.
2. As a bell-ringer to hook your students at the start of class or an end of class activity. Consider doing one each Friday for 20 weeks!
3. As an activity to do when class finishes early and you need something to keep students engaged!
WHAT KIND OF PROMPTS ARE INCLUDED?
There are 20 prompts included. Below are a few of the prompts to give you an idea:
• Write a short fictional paragraph about someone facing a challenge who has a fixed mindset. Give the story to a partner to rewrite it to show a growth mindset.
• Imagine you are an advice columnist for a newspaper. Read two letters you receive and offer advice based on the principals of growth mindset (letters included in purchase).
• Some of the most successful and famous people in the world have struggled with hardships. Read about these people and respond to the questions (readings included in purchase).
• Work alone to fold a paper crane. When you are done, discuss with a partner. Was it easy or challenging? How did you react when it was going well? How did you react to challenges? (Instructions included in purchase)
• You will be given a quote that is related to growth mindset. Write a short paragraph about what it means to you (quotes included in purchase).
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY PURCHASE?
• Teacher assembly instructions
• Pictures to help you set up your board and activities.
• A teacher master list of the growth mindset challenges in order.
• Everything you need to set up your display (posters, templates, prompts etc).
• Folder labels for each of the challenges.
• 44 Pages of everything you need to facilitate the activities (some also include posters to display student work).
• Black and white versions of the bulletin display AND all activities for easy printing.
WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED?
To set up the bulletin display, you will need tape, glue, and 20 sheets of colored paper (although white paper works if you don't have any colored).
© Presto Plans