VALENTINE'S DAY SHORT STORY
The short story The Chaser by John Collier is a perfect lesson for middle and high school around Valentine's Day, but it could be used at any time in the year! The story is about a young man named Alan who is desperate to make a woman named Diana fall in love with him. So desperate, in fact, that he is willing to use a love potion!
Not only is this a story students love, it is also useful in teaching inferential thinking, as the reader must make inferences to understand the plot.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• A teacher instructions page explaining lesson procedure
• A link to the full-text of the story ready for printing (file not included for copyright reasons)
• A 6 slide Powerpoint presentation that guides the lesson with discussion points and question/discussion prompts
• An inference worksheet (with answer key) that gets students thinking about the process of using background knowledge to make inferences
• Abby and Andrew's Advice Column Assignment which allows the student to give advice to the main character from a male and female perspective
This has always been a favorite story for my students!
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE:
♥ Another great product. It gives my students exposure to a story that really enjoyed and allowed them to practice inference skills. Thank you again.
♥ Love Love Love it - can't wait to use it in Feb.
♥ I haven't had a chance to use this yet, but it should fit perfectly into our test prep - a fun way to review inferences.
© Presto Plans