THE LEAP BY LOUISE ERDRICH SHORT STORY PRESENTATION & ACTIVITIES
Introduce students to The Leap by Louise Erdrich with these ready-to-use short story resources.
Included in your purchase:
- A 21 slide PowerPoint presentation that walks you through the lesson (author biography, discussion, question responses, activity prompts, and much more).
- A vocabulary matching game where students work to reveal the secret mystery word. (modified version included)
- A literary devices sorting activity where students sort examples of metaphor, simile, and personification examples from the text.
- Analysis questions with answer key provided.
- Flying Avalon Poster creative project where students create a promotional poster for the act.
- Oral story-telling creative assignment where students share a story about their lives in the oral tradition.
- A newspaper article writing assignment where students write an article about Anna, the narrator's mother.