THE LANDLADY BY ROALD DAHL
Teach The Landlady by Roald Dahl to get your middle/high school students in the Halloween spirit! This resource can be used during the Halloween season, but can also be used at any other time during the year!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• 26 Slide PowerPoint presentation to guide you through the lesson. It includes author and short story background info, predictions, vocabulary, analysis notes, and much more.
• Analysis questions that allow students to show their comprehension and analysis of the text.
• A vocabulary activity that has students pair examples from the text with challenging terms to their definition to reveal a mystery word.
• A character analysis activity where students use text evidence to support character traits for the two main characters.
• A newspaper article writing assignment where students write a headline article for what happens to Billy after the story ends.
• A link to watch a film interpretation of the story.
*** Please note that due to copyright reasons, the full text of the story is NOT included. If you would like a copy of the story, you can search "The Landlady Full Text" in an internet search engine. ***
© Presto Plans