READING MYSTERIES FULL-YEAR ELA PROGRAM | PRINT
The Reading Mysteries Program is a full-year, 40-week close reading program for middle and high school English language arts teachers that challenges students to look for text evidence, infer information, and read more closely. It includes everything you need to facilitate 40 fun and engaging reading mysteries in your ELA classroom.
Included in your purchase:
- 40 teacher presentations in PowerPoint format that guide the mysteries with the backstory, evidence, the answer, and detailed explanations for why each suspect is innocent and why the culprit is guilty.
- 40 classroom posters corresponding to each of the mysteries that you can put up on the door to hook students into the activities.
- 40 original narrative backstories that set up and initiate each of the mysteries.
- A variety of clues that require students to close read and use their inference skills. The evidence comes in the form of text messages, posters, emails, forms, conversations, websites, social media, newspaper articles, and much more! Each mystery has unique evidence specifically tailored to the story.
- Graphic organizers where students can keep track of their findings that support or refute different suspects for each of the mysteries.
- Detailed teacher answer keys in print format and within the presentation slideshows that make for easy class review.
How each of the mysteries works:
- Start each mystery by putting up the poster on your door to build anticipation. When students enter, put them in small groups, so they can work together to try to solve the mystery.
- Then, use the presentation slides to guide students through each element of the lesson. The slides will help you introduce the story and evidence to each of the groups.
- Hand out all the evidence to students and allow them time to make their predictions and inferences and solve the mystery.
- Once each group has made their final prediction, use the presentation slides to reveal the culprit and go through each of the suspects to show the evidence of their innocence or guilt.
© Presto Plans