READING CHALLENGE PROGRAM ESCAPE CHALLENGES DIGITAL & PRINT BUNDLE
This full-year digital and print reading program bundle will bring your reading instruction to life with 40 weeks of creative stories, instructional slides, and digital and print escape-room style challenges.
The digital format of this program is a Google-compatible program and students complete all the work on the computer. This works well with distance learning, 1:1 classrooms, remote teaching, Google Classroom, Google Drive or for online education. The print format of the program includes PowerPoint presentation slides and PDF files intended to be printed for classroom use.
Raise your hand if you are tired of…
- Trying to find ways to improve students' reading and ELA skills in a way that engages all readers.
- Not having the time to meet all of your ELA reading standards throughout the school year.
- Hearing groans and grumbles from lack of student engagement in reading.
Teaching reading does not have to be this way!
Introducing The Reading Challenge Program
The Reading Challenge is full-year, 40-week grammar program for middle and high school English language arts teachers that includes instruction, narrative stories, and weekly escape-style challenges to improve student comprehension and analysis
What reading topics does it cover?
- Comprehension strategies
- Vocabulary in context
- Citing Text Evidence
- Fact vs. opinion
- Plot Structure
- Point of view
- Story elements
- Figurative language
- Flashback and flashforward
- Compare & contrast
- Cause & effect
- Problem & solution
- Descriptive text structure
- Nonfiction text structures
- Author's purpose
- Main idea
- Nonfiction text features
- Evaluating an argument
- Ethos, pathos, & logos
- Poetry comprehension
- Poetry Meter
- Poetry form & devices
How do each of the challenges work?
- Start by using the Google Slides or PowerPoint presentations to guide you through each element of the lesson and activity. The slides will help you teach the reading related concept, introduce the story and challenge, and review the answers.
- Read the digital or print narrative story as a class to hook students and introduce the challenge.
- Once you have taught the grammar concept, and read the story, students are ready to try the digital or printable reading challenge!
- When students find the answer, they can check their work with the included password-protected PDF file or you can share the conclusion files with them.
What is included in each of the 40 challenges?
- An original narrative backstory that puts students within the story and sets up the challenge
- A Google Slides and PowerPoint presentation to guide the lesson and activity with instructional slides, activity prompts, the narrative story text, story conclusion slides, and an answer keys for review
- An interactive digital and printable escape-room style challenge where students must use their knowledge of the reading topic to complete the challenge.
- A password-protected PDF to check their answer or conclusion slides to review with students.
© Presto Plans © Limitless Lessons