Raymond's Run by Toni Cade Bambara is a short story your students will love. This lesson includes absolutely everything you need to teach Raymond's Run in a fun and engaging way. You'll receive a 38 slide presentation that guides you through the entire short story lesson, reading questions, posters, assignments, teacher answer keys, and a final creative writing assignment.
INCLUDED IN YOUR DOWNLOAD:
- A 38 slide PowerPoint presentation that walks you through the lesson to teach Raymond's Run (author biography, discussion, analysis notes, and more).
- RACE (restate, answer, cite, explain) constructed response classroom posters.
- 6 Question practice assignment where students help Squeaky cross the finish line by answering using the RACE strategy.
- Inference hunt activity where students examine quotes from the story and make inferences about the main character.
- Character comparison Venn diagram (Gretchen and Squeaky).
- Creative response activity where students write an acceptance speech for Squeaky after she wins the race.
© Presto Plans