HALLOWEEN GRAMMAR TASK CARDS ACTIVITY
Bring the holidays into your classroom with this fun Halloween grammar activity. Included are 15 task cards and presentation slides that allow students to correct grammar errors, spelling mistakes, and punctuation errors in holiday-inspired examples.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• 15 Halloween-inspired grammar task cards that cover a variety of topics. Each task card focusses on one grammar error type.
• A 15 slide animated Powerpoint presentation that includes the original task card, an edited version, and a detailed explanation for the corrections.
• A two-page teacher answer key to use as a reference.
→ Plural vs possessive
→ Commas (series, intro element, address, conjunction, dialogue etc.)
→ Subject Verb Agreement
→ Double negatives
→ Dangling Modifiers
HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE:
1. BELL-RINGER: Pass out one task card a day for the 15 days leading up to the holiday. Students can work with a partner to edit the task card, and you can use the presentation to review the answers.
2. GRAMMAR STATION: Include a packet of the task cards at a center where students can choose which ones to work on. The work can be done on the task card or in their notebook. Print out 4 slides per page on Powerpoint (option provided when you print) and keep an answer key booklet for students to check their work when they are done.
3. PAIR WORK: Give each pair of students a task card and have them complete it together. Then, each pair can present the example to the class and share what errors they found.
4. GROUP WORK: Give a group of three or four students one of the task cards and have them come to an agreement about the errors found. The group can present the example to the class when they are finished and explain each of the errors.
© Presto Plans