ENGLISH BELL RINGERS VOLUME 2
Bell ringers are an excellent way to engage your students as soon as they walk into your classroom. Begin each of your middle or high school English classes with these daily bell-ringer / warm ups routine! This comprehensive FULL YEAR resource includes everything you need to start each class off with an engaging activity! Please Note: The videos in this resources require the use of YouTube.
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THESE BELL-RINGERS:
♥ This is an amazing product! I am moving from elementary to 7th grade, and this is absolutely perfect. I wanted something that was routine for my bellringer work, but beyond the routine, I wanted it to be interesting to them! WELL worth the price! Thank you!
♥ I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am to use this in the fall. I have been doing daily grammar/punctuation bell ringers for four years, and even though they are effective, this takes bell ringers to a whole new level. My kids are even going to know what hit them with these awesome ideas. Thank you so much!
♥ The absolute BEST purchase I have made on TpT. This was so well put together, fun, and not a thing could have been added. This is going to make my life so much easier!
♥ These are amazing! My students absolutely love them! Teachers-BUY THE BUNDLE! You will get more than you could ever imagine!
♥ This is my first year using bell ringers and I can say that I wasn't sure if high school students would respond well to them and I was wrong. They absolutely do amazing things with the bell ringers. This is very eye appealing and the students love them. I teach 2 sets of reading so I bought the first and second one. Please keep making such wonderful resources.
♥ One of the best purchases I have made on tpt! Awesome, thank you!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
WEEKLY POWERPOINT & HANDOUTS
Each of the 45 weeks has a folder that includes a Powerpoint with each of the slides organized by day as well as a weekly student handout. Pass the weekly sheet on Monday, and students use it to complete the bell ringers for that week!
MONDAY: VIDEO JOURNALS
Start your week off with one of the 45 engaging video writing prompts! The videos and prompts are modern and relevant to the 21st century student. Also included is a journal response sheet and a rubric for easy marking. PLEASE NOTE: The video journals used in these bell-ringers are not the same ones used in volume 1! All the videos and prompts are completely different.
TUESDAY: VOCABULARY IN CONTEST
Introduce new vocabulary words to your middle and high school students by having them guess the meanings of words in context!
45 Slide Powerpoint Bell-Ringer Presentation: Each slide gives the word in a sentence and has students guess the meaning of the word based on the context. The definition of the word is also provided!
45 Slide Powerpoint Presentation/Posters: Each slide includes a new vocabulary term with it's part of speech, pronunciation, definition, and an example. The presentation slides can also be printed for an easy classroom display!
Bulletin Board Display: Everything you need to set up a "word of the day" or "word of the week" display board.
Quick Reference Lists: Use these lists to easily keep track of which words were covered each week. Also great to give to students to help them stay organized
Quizzes: Five fill in the blank quizzes to use either every two or every ten weeks (depending if you choose to do word of the day or week). Answer keys are included!
Word Cards: Cards for students to fill in after a new word is introduced. They will need to find synonyms and antonyms on their own, and come up with their own sentences using the word!
WEDNESDAY: WHAT IF? DISCUSSION
This resource is sure to get even your most reluctant students speaking. Spark up friendly conversation and discussion in the classroom with these "what if?" scenarios.
• 45 printable cards with different "what if?" scenarios for students to ponder and discuss
• A Powerpoint version for whole class discussion
• Assignment sheet to get students to consider the pros and cons of their decision
• A printable response card for students to use to answer any of the prompts in writing.
• Assignment sheets with prompting questions that can be used with ANY of the prompts
• A classroom poster with prompting questions to keep the conversation going
THURSDAY: SOCIAL MEDIA GRAMMAR
This resource allows students to edit grammar, spelling, and punctuation in a fun and modern way! Students will have the chance to read social media status updates to find errors and correct them!
• 45 status updates for students to edit in task card format
• Detailed answer key in task card format
• A Powerpoint presentation to go over all of the edits with your students with detailed explanations for all changes
• Student worksheets with all status' written for easy printing
FRIDAY: FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE
Help your students have a strong understanding of figurative language by using this resource that can last the whole year! Students read a paragraph that contains figurative language and attempt to find examples of metaphor, simile, oxymoron, personification, alliteration, or onomatopoeia.
• A 45 slide Powerpoint animated presentation with a paragraph on each that can easily be displayed for a bell-ringer once a week to last you the whole year! Answer key is included
• Each of the 45 paragraphs in task card format for easy use in a reading centre in your classroom.
• A ready-to-print booklet with all examples so students can keep it in their binder to for bell-ringers.
© Presto Plans