Poetry One Pager Assignment - Digital
This is a Google resource and students complete all the work on the computer. This works well with distance learning, 1:1 classrooms, remote teaching, Google Classroom, or online education.
- An instruction slide that explains what a poetry one-pager is and outlines what they need to include on their paper.
- A tech tips slide which outlines all of the tools they can use on Google Slides to design their digital one-pager
- A variety of digital templates that students can use for their digital one pagers if they don't want to use a blank sheet of paper.
- Detailed Google Slides that explain each element of the digital poetry assignment to students.
- An editable teacher rubric that makes for easy grading
- A student sample response of a poetry one pager that you can show your students as a strong response
One pagers are typically used as a final assessment for students to show their understanding and analysis of a poem. With this resource, students are given the creative freedom to showcase and display their information on a single slide, but they will also be given detailed instructions for what is required.
The completed digital one pagers will feature the poem's title and author, include images and symbols, examine text connections, analyze poetic devices, give a summary of the poem, include an important quote, and explore the theme of the poem. Detailed instructions are included for each element to guide students through the process
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I have used this resource with both 6th and 8th graders. I love how versatile it is. The instructions are clear. I love how there is a model, and the students love watching the time-lapse. This gives them the opportunity to showcase their close reading in a unique way. Thank you so much!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I used this assignment as a summative assessment for my poetry unit during a hybrid classroom setting. The assignment is perfectly aligned to the standards and the examples made the assignment easy to explain and for my students to follow. PERFECT!!!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This is fantastic! Truly no-prep. I left it for sub plans, and my 7th graders created some amazing one-pagers! Love the directions slides, student tip sheet, and video. Thanks for another great product!
Pair this poetry one pager assignment with our Digital Poetry Writing Unit
→ Poetry Writing Unit: Haiku, Acrostic, Limerick, Concrete & More!
© Presto Plans
➡️ Want 10 free ELA resources sent to your inbox? Click here!