DIGITAL GRAMMAR ESCAPE ROOM ACTIVITY
DIGITAL GRAMMAR ESCAPE ROOM: Help your students understand grammar rules with this digital escape room break out activity. This is a Google resource and students complete all the work on the computer. This works well with distance learning, remote teaching or online education. Students will have to have an understanding of the following terms to complete the tasks: comma rules, homophones, capitalization rules, and spelling.
HOW IT WORKS
- Students work to complete five different tasks (puzzles and activities) related to grammar rules to unveil codes or mystery words.
- In the first task, students correct sentences by adding in missing commas. They drag the cards in order by how many comma mistakes they fixed, and use words on the cards to reveal a mystery word.
- In the second task, students do a close reading of a paragraph about rollercoasters that contains homophone errors. Students put the correct homophones onto the answer slide to reveal a mystery word!
- In the third task, students digitally assemble four puzzles which reveal sentences containing errors in capitalization. Students are required to find the words that should be capitalized and use the information to reveal a numeric code.
- In the fourth task, students will read famous quotes that include an error with a commonly misspelled word. Students type the properly spelled word in the answer slide to reveal a secret mystery word.
- The final task has students decode an encryption based on hidden symbols they have to find throughout the game to reveal a quote!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
- A link to copy the student escape room and share it with your students.
- Indicators of each of the 5 tasks with all of the student instructions for each.
- Slides for each of the tasks with moving digital pieces. There are grammar cards, puzzle pieces, famous quote cards, and homophone encryption.
- Areas where students can record their answers to the mystery codes / words.
- A link to a teacher answer key you can use to check the work or post it to Google Classroom when everyone is done.
- Two reflection assignments to complete after the escape room. One is a reflection on the quote revealed in the final puzzle and the other is a reflection on the escape room activity
© Presto Plans