CREATIVE WRITING: TEXTING BUNDLE
Texting plays a significant role in most teenager's lives. These resources allow teachers to take something that students love and turn it into a learning experience! This bundle can help students think inferentially, manipulate language, edit errors in grammar/punctuation, and demonstrate creative expression!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
TEXT MESSAGE INFERENCES:
This unique activity is a fun way to get your students thinking inferentially. The students will be required to read a text message between two people and infer meaning from it. They will be required to infer who the people are, what their relationship is, where they are, and what kind of personality they have.
• Ten "text message" worksheets with pre-made conversations.
• Two different templates of blank cell phones that students can fill in with their own conversations. They can have a partner complete their worksheet!
Please note that this product is also included in my Inference Bundle (see link at bottom).
TEXT SPEAK: AN INTRODUCTION TO TEXTING LANGUAGE:
Students will have the chance to manipulate language and use 'text speak' in a fun activity.
• A 26 slide Powerpoint presentation which includes discussion questions, information about the evolution of texting and text speak, examples of text lingo, video, and much more!
• A guide to texting which explains how regular writing/speech is altered to become 'text speech'.
• An activity called "Take Turns Texting" where students write out a text conversation and have a partner rewrite it using proper grammar, syntax, and punctuation (2 versions included).
This resource allows students to combine their love of texting with poetic expression!
• A 9 slide Powerpoint presentation which includes information on why texting can be poetic, various examples of texting poems, and a prompt for students to write their own text poems
• A handout which can be used as a guideline for writing in texting language.
• Two good copy sheets where students can write their own original text poems (in a blank cell phone). Looks great on display!
• A poster for bulletin display
© Presto Plans