VALENTINE'S DAY VOCABULARY TASK CARDS ACTIVITY: CUPID'S DICTIONARY
Bring Valentine's Day into your classroom with this fun vocabulary activity. Included are 15 task cards and presentation slides that allow students to learn new vocabulary words by reading things that Cupid might say using the new terms!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• 15 Valentine's Day-inspired vocabulary task cards that have examples of Cupid using challenging vocabulary. Students attempt to guess the meaning of the word in context, then look up the word to see if they are right!
• A 15 slide animated Powerpoint presentation that includes the original task card and a definition of the term.
• A teacher answer key to use as a reference.
NEW WORDS INTRODUCED
HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE:
1. BELL-RINGER: Pass out one task card a day for the 15 days leading up to Valentine's Day. Students can work with a partner to guess the meaning of the word task card, and you can use the presentation to review the answers.
2. VOCABULARY STATION: Include a packet of the task cards at a center where students can choose which ones to work on. The work can be done on the task card or in their notebook. Print out 4 slides per page on Powerpoint (option provided when you print) and keep an answer key booklet for students to check their work when they are done.
3. PAIR WORK: Give each pair of students a task card and have them complete it together. Then, each pair can present the example to the class and share the new word.
4. GROUP WORK: Give a group of three or four students one of the task cards and have them all guess the definition and look it up together. The group can present the example to the class when they are finished and share the new word.
© Presto Plans