PERSUASIVE WRITING: FIDGET SPINNERS
A fidget spinner is a type of stress-relieving toy that is meant to help people who have trouble focusing or fidgeting by acting as a release mechanism for nervous energy or stress. Fidget spinners became a popular toy in 2017, and it has often been criticized as a distraction and a nuisance by teachers and parents. In fact, fidget spinning has even been banned in many schools!
Use the popularity of this craze in your classroom with this fun persuasive writing lesson and writing assignment. Students will absolutely love attempting to convince teachers and parents of the benefits and merits of using a fidget spinner. Or, if they are frustrated by the practice, it will be their opportunity to convince their peers to put a stop to this annoying activity.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• An 20 slide Powerpoint presentation that guides you through the entire lesson. The presentation covers the following information:
→ Introduction to fidget spinning (with a video clip - YouTube required)
→ What is persuasive writing?
→ Audience and Purpose
→ Persuasive Language
→ Persuasive essay structure (hook, thesis, body, conclusion)
• Pre-reading pros and cons brainstorming
• An easy-to-use outline for students to plan their writing
• A post-writing self-assessment check-list for students
• 2 Good copy sheets
• A bulletin board display title that reads "To spin, or not to spin?" that looks great on display on a classroom or a hallway bulletin board
**Please note that the content in the presentation of this resource is very similar to my general persuasive writing resource and my bottle flipping persuasive writing resource.
© Presto Plans