Holes Introduction Presentation - Discussion, Lois Sachar Biography, and Context
Holes introduction presentation includes absolutely everything you need to introduce the novel Holes by Louis Sachar to your students. This interactive PowerPoint presentation includes pre-reading discussion questions, novel cover analysis, a biography of Louis Sachar, a fun review quiz, genre, and background information on the novel.
➡️ This 16-slide PowerPoint presentation is the perfect way of introducing Holes to your students. The slides will provide students with the background information they need before they begin reading. Included in the presentation:
- Pre-reading group discussion questions to help students make text-to-self connections.
- Novel cover and title analysis activity where students examine the cover and title and make predictions about the novel.
- A detailed Louis Sachar, author of Holes.
- A quiz within the slideshow about Sachar to check student attention and comprehension.
- Genre information discussing the different genre elements featured in the novel.
- Background information on the novel.
Video Clip link with an interview with Louis Sachar.
Use this presentation as a way of introducing Holes intentionally to prepare students for reading. Students will be provided opportunities for classroom discussion, making predictions, examining biography, and learning important background information.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This was an awesome and thorough introduction to the novel - thank you!!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This is a highly useful and comprehensive resource. Thank you!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Loved how this set my 6th graders up for the text!
>>>This resource is included in my unit plan for the novel!
Take your Holes Unit Plan to the next level with an escape room!
© Presto Plans
➡️ Want 10 free ELA resources sent to your inbox?