SENTENCE STRUCTURE TYPES: SIMPLE, COMPOUND, COMPLEX, COMPOUND-COMPLEX
Help your students improve their writing by understanding the 4 types of sentence structures (simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex) with these eye-catching, ready-to-use resources!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• A 21 slide Powerpoint presentation that covers the following topics: sentence variety, subject, predicate, independent clause, dependent clause, simple sentences, compound sentences, complex sentences, and compound-complex sentences. For each of the sentence types, there is an explanation of the structure, examples, and a practice question.
• A student handout with information from the presentation on the four types of sentence structures.
• 26 Famous Quotes Task Cards that feature a quote from a famous person. Students decide which type of sentence structure that each of the quotes follow.
• A recording sheet with the famous people's names where students can record the type of sentence structure used.
• A teacher answer key for the Famous Quotes activity.
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE
♥ Always high quality. This is engages students right away and keeps interest.
♥ This is a great way to begin each class period. It is instantly engaging and a wonderful way to practice ELA skills.
♥ This is so good—the slides really help explain the sentence types and the worksheet is challenging!
© Presto Plans